Christopher V. Hollot
210E Marcus Hall
University of Massachusetts
100 Natural Resources Rd
Amherst MA 01003-9292
B.S., West Virginia University, 1974
M.S., Syracuse University, 1980
Ph.D., University of Rochester, 1984
Theory and Application of Feedback Control
- R. P. Shrestha, C.V. Hollot, S. R. Chipkin, C. P. Schmitt, Y. Chait, “A Mathematical Model of Parathyroid Hormone Response to Acute Changes in Plasma Ionized Calcium Concentration in Humans," Mathematical Biosciences, Vol. 226, no.1, pp. 46-57, 2010.
- M. Degon, S. R. Chipkin, C. V. Hollot, R. T. Zoeller, Y. Chait, “A Mathematical Model of the Human Thyroid,” Mathematical Bioscience,. vol.212, no1, pp. 22-53, 2008.
- H. Han, S. Shakkottai, C.V. Hollot, R. Srikant and D. Towsley, ``Multi-Path TCP: A Joint Congestion Control and Routing Scheme to Exploit Path Diversity in the Internet,” IEEE Transactions on Networking, Vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1260-1271, 2006.
- O. Beker, C.V. Hollot and Y. Chait, "Fundamental Properties of Reset Control Systems, Automatica, Vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 905-915, 2004.
- C.V. Hollot, V. Misra, D. Towsley and W.B. Gong, “A Control Theoretic Analysis of RED,” Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, Anchorage, 2001.
IEEE Control Systems Society
Ben Dasher Award for Best Paper at the 2009 Frontiers in Education Conference, 2009; Nominee for University's Distinguished Teaching Award, 1987, 2003-2005; IEEE Fellow, 2004; College of Engineering Outstanding Senior Faculty Award, 2004; ECE Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award, 1987, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2004; NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award, 1988; Edward P. Curtis Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Graduate Student, 1984.
Department Head (2007-present). Associate Department Head (1994-1996, 2002-2007). Chair, Robust Control Working Group of IFAC (International Federation of Automatic Control) (1996-2002). Associate Editor (IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Automatica, Systems and Control Letters).