Daniel H. Schaubert
201 Marcus Hall
University of Massachusetts
100 Natural Resources Rd.
Amherst MA 01003-9284
B.S., University of Illinois, 1969; M.S., 1970; Ph.D., 1974
Antenna design and analysis, phased arrays.
- "Vivaldi Antenna Arrays," M.N. Vouvakis and D.H. Schaubert, Chapter 3 in Frontiers in Antennas: Next Generation Design & Engineering edited by F.B. Gross, McGraw Hill, 2011.
- “Wideband Antenna Arrays,” by W. Croswell, T. Durham, M. Jones, D. Schaubert, P. Friederich and J. Maloney, Chapter 12 in Modern Antenna Handbook,edited by C.A. Balanis, John Wiley and Sons, 2008.
- “Wide Bandwidth Array of Vivaldi Antennas,” IET Wideband, Multiband Antennas and Arrays for Defence or Civil Applications, D.H. Schaubert, W. Elsallal, S. Kasturi, A.O. Boryssenko, M.N. Vouvakis and G. Paraschos, pp. 3-19, 13 March 2008, London England. (Keynote talk)
- “On Optimal Port Loading Conditions for Maximizing Product of Energy Gain and Bandwidth in Broadband Antenna Links,” A.O. Boryssenko and D.H. Schaubert, IEEE Trans. Ant. Propagat., Vol. 55, No. 12, pp. 3668-3676, December 2007.
- “A Compact Ku/Ka Band Feed for Airborne Antenna Applications,” J.P. Creticos and D.H. Schaubert, Proceedings of 2007 Antenna Applications Symposium, pp. 169-180, September 2007.
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S) and Microwave Theory and Techniques (MTT), Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), International Radio Science Union (URSI) Commission B
University of Illinois ECE Distinguished Alumni Award, 2010; Fellow of IEEE; IEEE John Kraus Antenna Award; University of Illinois Distinguished ECE Alumni Award; H. A. Wheeler Prize Applications Paper Award; IEEE Third Millennium Medal; University of Massachusetts Samuel F. Conti Fellowship Award; College of Engineering Senior Faculty Award; Tau Beta Pi and Eta Kappa Nu Honor Societies; Reid Memorial Award; Sustained Superior Performance Award; Eta Kappa Nu Outstanding Teaching Award.
President of AP-S (1999), Vice President (1998), Nominations Chairman (2000). General Chairman and Organizer of annual Antenna Applications Symposium, 1994-present. Member of Executive Team for IET Professional Network on Antennas and Propagation, 2003-present. AP-S/URSI Symposium and Steering Committee for 1996 Symposium. Technical Program Chair, IEEE 2003 Phased Array Systems and Technology Symposium. Co-Chairman, NASA NMP Technology Workshop/Large, Lightweight Deployable Antennas, 2001. International Visiting Reviewer of Square Kilometer Array Project for Dutch NWO, 2000. Special session organizer at international symposia in Davos, Switzwerland and Salt Lake City, UT, 2000.