215K Marcus Hall
University of Massachusetts
100 Natural Resources Rd
Amherst MA 01003-9292
B.S., Sharif University, Tehran, Iran, 2001
M.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2003, Ph.D., 2005
Communication systems and networks, sensor networks, error control coding, information theory, signal processing for communications and data storage, algorithms and security.
- A. Eslami, S. Vangala and H. Pishro-Nik, “Hybrid channel codes for highly efficient FSO/RF communication systems,” IEEE Trans. on Communications, Vol. 58, No. 10, Oct 2010.
- A. Eslami, M. Nekoui, Pishro-Nik, “Results on Finite Wireless Networks on a Line”, IEEE Trans. Communications, VOL. 58, NO. 8, AUGUST 2010.
- W. L. Leow, Daiheng Ni, and Hossein Pishro-Nik, “A Sampling Theorem Approach to Traffic Sensor Optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 369-374. 2008.
- H. Pishro-Nik and F. Fekri, “Results on punctured low-density parity-check codes and improved iterative decoding techniques,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory. Vol. 53, No. 2, pp. 599-614, February 2007.
- H. Pishro-Nik and F. Fekri, “On decoding of LDPC codes over the erasure channel,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory. Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 439-454, March 2004.
IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Information Theory Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society.
UMASS Outstanding Junior Faculty Award, 2009. NSF CAREER Award, 2009. National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2009. ECE Graduate Excellence Award. Georgia Institute of technology, 2005. CSIP Outstanding Research Award Georgia Institute of technology, 2005.