215H Marcus Hall
University of Massachusetts
100 Natural Resources Rd
Amherst MA 01003-9292
B.S.E.E. University of California, Santa Barbara, 2003
M.S.E.E. University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
Ph.D. California Institute of Technology, 2009
Device modeling. Noise, dc, and RF properties of transistors at cryogenic temperatures. Millimeter wave and sub-millimeter wave active integrated circuit design. Self-healing and reconfigurable RF/mixed-signal integrated circuits in CMOS technologies and beyond.
- M. Ghadiri-Sadrabadi, A. Subramanian, A.H. Coskun, and J.C. Bardin,"In-Situ Noise Characterization of a 20-35 GHz 32nm SOI CMOS Reconfigurable LNA Using a Broadband On-Chip Noise Source," Proc. 2014 IEEE RFIC, Accepted.
- A.H. Coskun and J.C. Bardin,"Cryogenic Small-Signal and Noise Performance of 32nm SOI CMOS," Proc. 2014 IEEE IMS, Accepted. J.C. Bardin, M. Yogeesh, N. Erickson, and G. Narayanan, "A 70-95 GHz SiGe Downconverter IC for Large-N Focal Plane Arrays," Proc. 2014 IEEE IMS, Accepted.
- J.C. Bardin, P. Ravindran, S.-W. Chang, R. Kumar, J.A. Stern, M.D. Shaw, D.S. Russell, and W.H. Farr, "A High-Speed Cryogenic SiGe Channel Combiner IC For Large Photon-Starved SNSPD Arrays," Proc. 2013 IEEE BCTM, pp. 215-218.
- J.C. Bardin and S. Weinreb, A DC–4 GHz 270 Differential SiGe Low-Noise Amplifier for Cryogenic Applications, 2010 EuMiC Symposium Digest, September 2010.
- J.C. Bardin, Silicon-Germanium Heterojunction Bipolar Transistors for Extremely Low-Noise Applications, Ph.D Dissertation, California Institute of Technology, June 2009.
- J.C. Bardin and S. Weinreb,“A 0.5–4 GHz Cryogenic SiGe LNA,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 407-409, June 2009.
- J.C. Bardin and S. Weinreb, "Experimental Cryogenic Modeling and Noise of SiGe HBTs," Microwave Symposium Digest, 2008 IEEE MTT-S International, pp.459-462, 15-20 June 2008.
IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society, IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society, IEEE Electron Devices Society
NSF CAREER Award, 2014; DARPA Young Faculty Award, 2011.
Reviewer for various IEEE publications, member International Microwave Symposium Technical Program Review Committee