211B Knowles Engineering Bldg
University of Massachusetts
151 Holdsworth Way
Amherst MA 01003-9284
B.S.C.S., University of Science and Technology of China, Anhui, China.
Ph.D., Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
Multimedia Networking. Internet Routing, Network Security, Energy Efficient Wireless Networks.
- H. Peterson, S. Sen, J Chandrashekar, L. Gao, R. Guerin, Z.-L. Zhang, "Message-Efficient Dissemination for Loop-Free Centralized Routing", ACM Computer Communication Review, July 2008, Vol.38, Num 3. pp. 65-74.
- Feng Wang, Jian Qiu, Lixin Gao, and Jia Wang, "On Understanding Transient Interdomain Routing Failures",to appear at IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking.
- V. Namboodiri}, Lixin Gao, and Ramakrishna Janaswamy, "Power Efficient Topology Control for Static Wireless Networks with Switched Beam Directional Antennas", Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks, Vol. 6, No. 2, April 2008. Pages 287-306.
- Vinod Namboodiri, and Lixin Gao,"Energy-Efficient VoIP over WLAN'', The ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing, 2008.
- Feng Wang, Z. Morley Mao, Jia Wang,Lixin Gao, and Randy Bush, "Measurement Study on the Impact of Routing Events on End-to-End Internet Path Performance", Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, September, 2006.
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Association for Computing Machinery
SIGMETRICS Test of Time Award, 2011, Award for Outstanding Accomplishments in Research and Creative Activity at the Sixth Annual Faculty Convocation, UMass, Amherst, 2011, Best Paper Award, 2010 INFOCOM, IEEE Fellow, 2010, NSF CAREER Award, 1999, Alfred P. Sloan Fellow, 2003
Associate Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2002--2007, Guest Editor, Computer Network Magizine, Special Issue on Interdomain Routing, Program Co-vice Chair of ICDCS 2008, Network Protocol track, Panelist of ACM Mobihoc 2008 on the panel "New Architectures and Disruptive Technologies for the Future Wireless Networks", TPC Area Chair of INFOCOM 2009