215 J Marcus Hall
University of Massachusetts
100 Natural Resources Rd
Amherst MA 01003-9292
B.S., Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, 1999
M.S., Arizona State University, 2002
Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 2005
Applied and Computational Electromagnetics, EM CAD Design, Domain Decomposition Methods, Finite Element Methods, Boundary Element Methods, Hybrid Techniques, Antenna Arrays.
- M. N. Vouvakis, Z. Cendes, and J.-F. Lee, "A FEM Domain Decomposition Method for Photonic and Electromagnetic Bangap Structures," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagations, accepted.
- S.-C. Lee, M. N. Vouvakis, and J.-F. Lee, "A Non-Overlapping Domain Decomposition Method with Non-Matching Grids for Modeling Large Finite Antenna Arrays", Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 203 No 1, pp. 1-21, Feb. 2005.
- S.-C. Lee, M. N. Vouvakis, K. Zhao, and J.-F. Lee, "Analyzing Microwave Devices Using an IE-QR Accelerated Symmetric FEBI," Internationals Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 203, No. 64, pp.528-546, Jun 2005
- M. N. Vouvakis, S.-C Lee, K. Zhao and J.-F. Lee, "A Symmetric FEM-IE Formulation with Single-Level IE-QR Algorithm for Soling Electromagnetic Radiation and Scattering Problems," IEEE Transactions s on Antennas and Propagation, Vol 52, No 11, pp. 3060-3070, Nov 2004.
- M. N. Vouvakis, C. A. Balanis, C. R. Birtcher and A. C. Polycarpou, "Ferrite-Loaded Cavity-Backed Antennas Including Nonlinear and Nonuniform Magnetization Effects," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No 5, pp 1000-1010, May 2003.
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S), Microwave Theory and Techniques( MTT) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM).
2005 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Symposium Best Student Paper Award (3rd Place). The Ohio State University ECE Department Teaching Fellow. ANSOFT Corp. Fellow.
2004 IEEE Antennas and Propagation Symposium Technical Committee Program, Special session organizer and chair at international symposia in 2002 IEEE AP-S, Boston, 2004 IEEE AP-S, Monterey, 16th International Domain Decomposition Conference, New York, 2004 PIERS, Pisa. Technical Reviewer of IEEE APT, IEEE MTT and IEE Proc.-Micro. Antennas Propag.