Neal G. Anderson
210E Marcus Hall
University of Massachusetts
100 Natural Resources Rd
Amherst MA 01003-9292
B.S.E.E., Michigan State University, 1983
M.S., North Carolina State University, 1985; Ph.D., 1988
Physical information theory; fundamental limits in nanoelectronic information processing; nanocomputing; nanoscale and quantum devices for computing and photovoltaics.
- ilke Ercan and Neal G. Anderson, "Heat Dissipation in Nanocomputing: Lower Bounds from Physical Information Theory," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology 12, pp. 1047-1060 (2013).
- Neal G. Anderson, ilke Ercan, and Natesh Ganesh, "Toward Nanoprocessor Thermodynamics," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology 12, pp. 902-909 (2013).
- Natesh Ganesh and Neal G. Anderson, "Irreversibility and Dissipation in Finite-State Automata," Physics Letters A 377, pp. 3266-3271 (2013).
- Kyle J. Stearns and Neal G. Anderson, "Throughput-Dissipation Tradeoff in Partially Reversible Nanocomputing: A Case Study," Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Nanoscale Architectures, pp. 101-105 (2013).
- Neal G. Anderson, Fadi Maalouli, and Jeremy Mestancik, "Quantifying the Computational Efficacy of Nanocomputing Channels," Nano Communication Networks 3, pp. 139-150 (2012).
- Neal G. Anderson, "On the physical implementation of logical transformations: Generalized L-Machines," Theoretical Computer Science 411, pp. 4179-4199 (2010).
American Association for the Advancement of Science. American Physical Society. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Optical Society of America, Philosophy of Science Association
Best Oral Conference Paper Award (First Place), IEEE NANO (2012); Best Paper Award, IEEE NANO (2011); University Distinguished Teaching Award (2006); College of Engineering Outstanding Teaching Award (1993).