Patrick A. Kelly
215B Marcus Hall
University of Massachusetts
100 Natural Resources Rd
Amherst MA 01003-9292
B.S., Princeton University, 1978
M.S., University of Michigan, 1979
Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1985
Image Modeling and Processing. Information Fusion for Image Processing and System Modeling. Algorithms and Neural Networks for System Optimization. Signal Detection and Estimation.
- G. Yin, P. A. Kelly and M. H. Dowell, "A recursive algorithm for digital diffusion networks and applications to image processing," to appear in Model Oriented Data Analysis (V. Federov and P. Hackl, eds.), Springer-Verlag, 2001.
- I.-S. Shin, P. A. Kelly, H. Derin, K. F. Lee and D. A. Tighe, "Template and active contour matching for automated left ventricular boundary detection," to appear in Proceedings SPIE Symposium on Medical Imaging: Ultrasonic Imaging and Signal Processing, 2001.
- G. Yin, P. A. Kelly and M. H. Dowell, "Approximating an analog diffusion network with applications to image estimation," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 107, pp. 391-414, November 2000.
- J. Hokland and P. A. Kelly, "Markov models of specular and diffuse scattering in restoration of medical ultrasound images,'' IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, vol. 43, pp. 660-669, July 1996.
- W. Zhai, P. A. Kelly and W.-B. Gong, "Genetic algorithms with noisy fitness,'' Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 23, pp. 131-142, June 1996.
IEEE Signal Processing Society, IEEE Control Systems Society, Tau Beta Pi.
Prize Paper Award (co-author), IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, 1987. Outstanding ECE Teacher Award, IEEE/HKN student branches, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 1989 and 1993. Honorable Mention Award (co-author), SPIE Conference on Medical Imaging: Image Processing, 1995.
University Academic Honesty Board, 2000-present. ECE Department Instructional Development Committee, 1996-present (committee chair, 2001). College of Engineering Academic Affairs Committee, 1996-1998. Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 1994-1997.