201B Marcus Hall
University of Massachusetts
100 Natural Resources Road
Amherst, MA 01003-9292
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2009
M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2005
B.S. Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 2003
Semiconductor nanostructures for energy applications; thermoelectric energy conversion; dissipation in nanoscale devices; electro-thermal simulation; nanoscale heat transfer; thermal devices; computational nanoscience.
- J. Park, Z. Aksamija, and R. Blick, “Phonon Assisted Field Emission in Silicon Nanomembranes for Time-of-flight Mass Spectroscopy of Proteins”, Nano Letters, vol. 13, 2698 (2013).
- M.-H. Bae, Z. Li, Z. Aksamija, P. Martin, F. Xiong, Z.-Y. Ong, I. Knezevic, and E. Pop, “Ballistic to Diffusive Crossover of Heat Flow in Graphene Ribbons”, Nature Communications, vol. 4, 1734 (2013).
- W. Peng, Z. Aksamija, S. A. Scott, J. J. Endres, D. E. Savage, I. Knezevic, M. A. Eriksson, and M. G. Lagally, "Probing Semiconductor Surface Electronic Structure with Charge Transport in Nanomembranes", Nature Communications, vol. 4, 1339 (2013).
- Z. Aksamija and I. Knezevic, “Thermal Transport in Graphene Nanoribbons on SiO2”, Physical Review B, vol. 86, 165426 (2012).
- Z. Aksamija and I. Knezevic, “Lattice thermal conductivity in graphene nanoribbons: anisotropy and edge scattering”, Applied Physics Letters, vol. 98, 141919 (2011).
- H. J. Ryu, Z. Aksamija, D. M. Paskiewicz, S. A. Scott, M. G. Lagally, I. Knezevic, and M. A. Eriksson, "Quantitative Determination of Contributions to the Thermoelectric Power Factor in Si Nanostructures", Physical Review Letters, vol. 105, 256601 (2010).
- Z. Aksamija and I. Knezevic, "Anisotropy and Boundary Scattering in the Lattice Thermal Conductivity of Ultrathin Silicon", Physical Review B, vol. 82, 045319 (2010).
Eta Kappa Nu IEEE National Honor Society (Alpha chapter); Tau Beta Pi Engineering National Honor Society; American Physical Society (APS); Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE); Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM); American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS); Electro-Chemical Society (ECS).
EMPD Postdoctoral Travel Award from the American Vacuum Society Electronic Materials and Processing Division (2012); “Transformative Computational Science using Cyber Infrastructure” (CI TraCS) Postdoctoral Fellowship, National Science Foundation (2011); Computing Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowship, Computing Research Association (2009); Gregory Stillman Graduate Research Award, University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign (2008); First Place Outstanding Paper Award, IEEE Electro/Information Conference (2007); Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE CSGF) (2005); Micron Technology Foundation Graduate Fellowship (2003-2005); Edmund C. James Honors Scholar in Engineering (1999-2003).